Seed Import and Export
If you are importing seed from another country, 20/20 Seed Labs Inc. has the authority to quickly and efficiently release seed into Canada from all countries including the US. We are government accredited to enable us to certify your seeds have met all Canadian standard requirements. We can release shipments within hours, and if necessary, can provide extra testing at our laboratory.
20/20 Seed Labs Inc. is proud to offer the services relating to seed import to aid our customers in complying with Canada’s Seeds Act and Seeds Regulations.
Other legislation that seed coming into Canada may also have to comply is the Plant Protection Act and Regulations, Pest Control Products Act, Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, Fertilizers Act and Regulations, as well as the Canadian Environmental Protection Act. Individual Canadian provinces and territories may also have legislation specific to invasive species.
20/20 Seed Labs Inc. can help complete a Seed Analysis Certificate (SAC) for seed lots coming into Canada.
- ISTA – International Seed Trade Association – 20/20 Seed Labs has been ISTA accredited since 2006 and is able to issue Orange International Certificates (OIC). These certificates are recognized in almost every country in the world to facilitate the movement of seed and to ensure the highest level of quality
- AEP – Authorized Exporter Program – accredited since 2009, we are authorized by CFIA to test and certify quality standards for OECD lots destined for the EU. This allows exporters to tag and ship under the OECD seed schemes labelling system.
- AQIS – Australia accepts OICs and domestic certificates from approved laboratories. 20/20 Seed labs is an approved AQIS laboratory, opening Australian markets to Canadian exporters.
- APHIS – A program run by USDA, APHIS documents allow Canadian exporters to move seed across the border through the issuance of ppq925 and ppq5289 documents.
- AOSA – Association of Official Seed Analysts – an organization that runs standardized testing in the US. 20/20 Seed Labs can issue certificates tested to the US standard, according to the AOSA Rules
- REGAL – 20/20 is authorized by CFIA to test grain commodity samples. These test results are used by CFIA to facilitate the quick release of phytosanitary documents
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information on how 20/20 Seed Labs Inc. can help you export your seed please contact Carey.